Grants and Funding
Includes competitive external funding, internal funding, and gifts.
Funding Totals(Note that USNA is an undergraduate-only school with 10-month appointments for faculty)
- Total Funding: $8,207,801
- Funding at GW: $778,644
- Funding at USNA: $909,670
- NSF: CAREER: Enhancing Mobile Authentication by Measuring the Authentication Life-Cycle. PI Adam J. Aviv. $699,999
- PI: Google Faculty Research Award:Security Assessment of In-App Authentication on Android.2020. $78,645.
- ONR: New Oblivious Algorithms for Practical Applications. PI Adam J. Aviv, Co-PI Seung Geol Choi, Co-PI Travis Mayberry, Co-PI Daniel S. Roche. 2019-2021. $148,947
- ONR: Delegating Access Control using Attribute Based Encryption (ABE). PI Seung Geol Choi (USNA), Co-PI Adam J. Aviv (USNA), Co-PI Daniel S. Roche (USNA), Co-PI Travis Mayberry (USNA), PI Karuna P. Joshi (UMBC), Co-PI Tim Finnin (UMBC). $329,873 ($109,826 at USNA)
- NSF:SaTC:Small: RUI: Achieving Practical Privacy for the Cloud. PI Adam J. Aviv, Co-PI Daniel S. Roche (USNA), Co-PI Seung Geol Choi (USNA), and Co-PI Travis Mayberry (USNA). 2016-2019. $354,837 at USNA.
- ONR: Tactile Authentication Methods for Mobile Devicesin Cyber-Security Settings. PI Adam J. Aviv PI Ravi Kuber (UMBC). 2015-2018. $367,000 ($34,000 at USNA).
- ONR: Ensuring Secure Cloud Services Using Policy Based Approaches. PI Seung Geol Choi, Co-Pi Adam J. Aviv, Co-PI Daniel S. Roche, PI Karuna P. Joshi (UMBC), and Co-PI Tim Finnin (UMBC). 2015-2018. $448,500 ($116,180 at USNA)
- NSF: SaTC: Medium: Active Security. PI Adam J. Aviv, PI Eric Keller (UCol. Boulder), PI Jonathan M. Smith (Penn). 2014-2019 $1,200,000 ($93,880 at USNA).
- ONR: Interaction Layer Security of Tactile Devices. PI Adam J. Aviv. 2013-2015. $60,000 at USNA.
- Science of Security Lablet at UMD. PI Jonathan Katz, Co-PI Adam J . Aviv, Co-Pi Jen Golbeck, et al. 2014-2016. $4,500,000 ($32,000 at USNA)
- Verisign: Research Support Gift $20,000